Conversion utility from lame Microsoft nmake to GNU make?

Conversion utility from lame Microsoft nmake to GNU make?

John Freeborg
Message
We have hundreds of Microsoft nmake compatible makefiles and would very much like to dump them and convert whole hog to GNU make using the mingw version (esp. for the -j parallel build option).

Does anyone have any tool, notes, etc. on trying to automate this conversion a bit?  So far I think conditional syntax and tab character sensitivity for commands are on the list.  Those shouldn't be too bad.  / vs \ mess is not an issue I think since we are still planning on using cmd.exe as the shell.

Thanks,
 - John

Re: Conversion utility from lame Microsoft nmake to GNU make?

Earnie

http://jrfonseca.dyndns.org/projects/gnu-win32/software/msds/nmake2make.sed