Error while running make command

PARIMEY DNYANESHWAR PATIL 4-Yr B.Tech. Electrical Engg.

Inline image 1
I am getting this error after running above command in Ubuntu 16.04 lts. Please tell me what to do to solve?

Re: Error while running make command

Henrik Carlqvist-2
On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 19:48:57 +0530
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am getting this error after running above command in Ubuntu 16.04 lts.
> Please tell me what to do to solve?

You need to carefully read the instructions that you now are following to
compile something. Most of all you must make sure that you before running
make change into the right directory. That directory has probably just
been unpacked from some kind of archive and most important it contains a
Makefile.

If all this talk about files and directories seem like strange nonsense
you might first need to read up on some basic unix usage in the shell.
Chapter 4 in the Linux Users Guide might be a good start, you can find it
here: http://downloads.tuxpuc.pucp.edu.pe/manuales/otros/user-guide.pdf

On the other hand, if you are familiar with how to navigate in a shell and
how to provide a Makefile for gnu make you might instead want to read
something like http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

regards Henrik