How GNU Make is tested

Stanislav Pankevich
Hello,

I and my colleague Alexey Denisov, https://twitter.com/sbpankevich and https://twitter.com/1101_debian are writing a number of posts in series “System under Test” http://lowlevelbits.org/system-under-test/.

The post I have contributed there so far is about how GNU Make is tested: http://lowlevelbits.org/system-under-test-gnu-make/.

I would like to get some feedback on if my high-level overview of GNU Make’s test suite is adequate and if I missed anything important to be revealed about it.

P.S. I should have asked this before publication but this idea to ask appeared in my head after the publication had happened.

Stanislav