Incremental make without running ` make clean `.

Incremental make without running ` make clean `.

Hongyi Zhao
Hi,

For a huge project, after I successfully finished the compilation, I
do a revision on some of the source files.  In this case, it's
possible to do  an incremental make without running ` make clean ` so
that it can be re-made more fastly.

Regards
Hongyi Zhao <[hidden email]>

Re: Incremental make without running ` make clean `.

Paul Smith-20
On Fri, 2020-05-01 at 07:07 +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> For a huge project, after I successfully finished the compilation, I
> do a revision on some of the source files.  In this case, it's
> possible to do  an incremental make without running ` make clean ` so
> that it can be re-made more fastly.

Sounds great: make was created to allow exactly that!