Missing INSTALL file in 4.3

Gnu - Make - Help mailing list
Dear GNU community,

I am new to the process of building from source. To get more familiar with this, I downloaded make. Because my distribution does not come with make, I decided to try and build that as well. I downloaded and extracted the 4.3 tarball, and opened the README file. It says:

"If you need to build GNU Make and have no other 'make' program to use, you can use the shell script 'build.sh' instead. To do this, first run 'configure' as described in INSTALL."

As instructed by the README file I am now looking for the INSTALL file, but cannot seem to find it using the command below. That being said, it is present in the source files of 4.2. Can I just use that one, or am I overlooking something here?

fine . -name INSTALL

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
Laurenz

Re: Missing INSTALL file in 4.3

Paul Smith-20
On Fri, 2020-04-10 at 14:26 +0000, Laurenz Roth via Users list for the
GNU implementation of make wrote:
> As instructed by the README file I am now looking for the INSTALL
> file, but cannot seem to find it using the command below. That being
> said, it is present in the source files of 4.2. Can I just use that
> one, or am I overlooking something here?

Wow that is... so weird.  The file exists in the source and I don't
recall changing anything about packaging... I have no idea how it
disappeared.

Yes, you can use the one from the previous release.  This file is
pretty standard and unchanging.

Thanks for the note, we will address this for the next release.