Time for a new release...

Paul Smith-20
Hi all;

I'm thinking of putting out a new release of GNU make early in the new
year.  I expect to make some changes/bugfixes by the new year or
shortly thereafter and make an initial release candidate in early
January.

Please let me know if you have particular issues or features, that are
not yet present, that you were hoping to see addressed in the next
release.

I will continue to review the open bugs in Savannah but pointers to
specific issues of concern would be helpful.

Cheers!

Re: Time for a new release...

Masahiro Yamada-2
On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 8:10 AM Paul Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> I'm thinking of putting out a new release of GNU make early in the new
> year.  I expect to make some changes/bugfixes by the new year or
> shortly thereafter and make an initial release candidate in early
> January.
>
> Please let me know if you have particular issues or features, that are
> not yet present, that you were hoping to see addressed in the next
> release.
>
> I will continue to review the open bugs in Savannah but pointers to
> specific issues of concern would be helpful.
>
> Cheers!

I hope the following can be fixed.
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55532

Linux kernel build system uses .SECONDARY,
and due to this bug, it misses to re-build
some objects in some corner cases.

--
Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada