gmake 4.0 broken under Windows, available fix should be released
I just updated a pretty big C and ASM project from gmake 3.81 to gmake 4.0. Unfortunately, it was very painful. I spent several hours debugging some very weird effects, like commands not executed at all. Very slight changes to the Makefile (like removing an item from a list), suddenly made it work. Duplicating the items in the same list again prevented gmake to run some commands.
It was just puzzling, until I got the idea to build make from the development source (a7794f483b5351ff7712bc02d0f3469551ce5290). With this version, everything works as expected.