make check under Cygwin (3.99.93)

Denis Excoffier-4
Hello,

Thank you for this new RC.

I have tested make-3.99.93 under cygwin 32 bits with --disable-load
(and without the spawn-patch).

Several items that i had reported in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-make/2013-09/msg00110.html
(and for which i didn't get any feedback) are still there.

I'm especially asking for
- item 1 (duplication of "$code != -1") and
- item 3 (jobserver test fails if HOME is not set)
- and, if possible, implementation of ${abspath /foo} == /foo

Also, for information with the spawn-patch, the output-sync test still
fails (like for 3.99.92, this is not unexpected), but now (with
3.99.93)
the GNUMAKEFLAGS test also fails.

Regards,

Denis Excoffier.

RE: make check under Cygwin (3.99.93)

Pavel Fedin
 Hello!

> Also, for information with the spawn-patch, the output-sync test still
> fails (like for 3.99.92, this is not unexpected), but now (with
> 3.99.93)
> the GNUMAKEFLAGS test also fails.

 Thank you very much for testing. I will really try to apply my hands to it
this weekend.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia

On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 11:04 +0200, Denis Excoffier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for this new RC.
>
> I have tested make-3.99.93 under cygwin 32 bits with --disable-load
> (and without the spawn-patch).
>
> Several items that i had reported in
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-make/2013-09/msg00110.html
> (and for which i didn't get any feedback) are still there.

Yes, sorry, this one got lost.

> I'm especially asking for
> - item 1 (duplication of "$code != -1") and
> - item 3 (jobserver test fails if HOME is not set)
> - and, if possible, implementation of ${abspath /foo} == /foo

I'll look at the first two.  Eli said yesterday he will look at the last
one.