--print-data-base: how to force all filenames to have full path

--print-data-base: how to force all filenames to have full path

Adrian Muresan
Is there anything I can do, short of modifying make, to force it to output the full path for all files listed in the `--print-data-base` section?

Here's a fragment of what I see:

.obj/moc_guardedpropertychangetransition.o: .moc/moc_guardedpropertychangetransition.cpp
#  Implicit rule search has not been done.
#  Implicit/static pattern stem: '.obj/moc_guardedpropertychangetransition'
#  Last modified 2016-07-06 14:25:04
#  File has been updated.
#  Successfully updated.

Yes, I know I can get the current `make` path from the special variable CURDIR.

Re: --print-data-base: how to force all filenames to have full path

Philip Guenther-2
On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Adrian Muresan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there anything I can do, short of modifying make, to force it to output the full path for all files listed in the `--print-data-base` section?

Uh, use full paths for all the files in your makefile?

make --print-data-base should reflect the paths that make is actually
using, which should match the patch in the makefile(s).  To do
otherwise is to mislead the viewer about what make is doing, IMO.

If you're already parsing the --print-data-base output, why can't your
parser handle this by doing whatever canonification that it requires?

Philip Guenther

Re: --print-data-base: how to force all filenames to have full path

Adrian Muresan
The makefile is autogenerated and executed by qmake. Snippet:

OBJECTS       = .obj/hmiloggingcategory.o \
.obj/hmiloggingcategoryregistry.o \
.obj/hmiperformancelogging.o \
.obj/hmitracelogging.o

I don't know what "canonification" means but as I said, I know I can use CURDIR to get the full path.