regex in a make file for check a misra rule

regex in a make file for check a misra rule

patrick
Hello,
I would need a example about how to use a regex in a make file for determine if a source file perform or
not a misra rule, for example to check if the "break" statement appear only in a switch statement. I know about grep, but grep returns only lines which perform a specfic pattern.

Re: regex in a make file for check a misra rule

Paul Smith-20
On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 13:26 -0700, patrick wrote:
> Hello,
> I would need a example about how to use a regex in a make file for
> determine if a source file perform or not a misra rule, for example to
> check if the "break" statement appear only in a switch statement. I
> know about grep, but grep returns only lines which perform a specfic
> pattern.

Sorry, but this has nothing to do with make.  You'll need to find a tool
that can parse C or C++ or whatever language you're using and apply
various heuristics to the code for the rules you want to enforce.

Once you have found such a tool, if you try to create a proper rule in
your makefile that will invoke it but can't figure it out, then we can
help with that.