using contemporary (q)make with Grid Engine OGS/GE 2011.11p1. -- approaches sought

using contemporary (q)make with Grid Engine OGS/GE 2011.11p1. -- approaches sought

Cook, Malcolm-2
Hello, Grid Engine and GNU Make aficionados,

I am experienced with qmake - distributed parallel make, scheduling by Sun Grid Engine<http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/htmlman/htmlman1/qmake.html> that comes with Grid Engine: OGS/GE 2011.11p1 and "is based on GNU make, version 3.82".

I am hoping to find a version of qmake based on a more contemporary GNU make, such as 4.2.1, and/or alternative approaches to using make 4.2.1 with scheduling performed by SGE that will interoperate with my installation of OGS/GE 2011.11p1.

I welcome advice on compiling it myself, open-source and/or commercial possibilities, and using alternate approaches to integrating GNU make 4.2.1 with OGS/GE 2011.11p1.

Thanks,

Malcolm Cook - Database Application Manager
Stowers Institute for Medical Research
1000 E 50th Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64110