where to send suggestions for current make manual?

where to send suggestions for current make manual?

Robert P. J. Day-2

  i'm currently working my way through the (version 4.2) make manual
and, occasionally, run across things that could be worded better.

  eg: section 4.2, "Types of Prerequisites", contains an example to
demonstrate order-only prerequisites, but the example makes use of the
OUTPUT_OPTION variable which has not yet been explained, which might
confuse some readers.

  is there a place to send such observations?

rday

Robert P. J. Day                                 Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
                         http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter:                                       http://twitter.com/rpjday
LinkedIn:                               http://ca.linkedin.com/in/rpjday

Re: where to send suggestions for current make manual?

Paul Smith-20
On Sat, 2019-10-12 at 12:27 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   eg: section 4.2, "Types of Prerequisites", contains an example to
> demonstrate order-only prerequisites, but the example makes use of the
> OUTPUT_OPTION variable which has not yet been explained, which might
> confuse some readers.
>
>   is there a place to send such observations?

You can email [hidden email], or you can file a "Documentation" bug
on Savannah: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=make

Or you can post them here as well; I keep all un-managed emails to all
of the make lists in a folder.  But sometimes they do get lost as the
folder is pretty large these days...

Thanks!